Becoming an LM Top 150 company is no small feat. For Brilar, it was the culmination of years of hard work in redefining their target customer, their sales process, and how they train and cultivate their team.
This week's guest on Green Industry Perspectives was Mike Voories. As the Chief Operating Officer of Brilar, Mike had a huge hand in their 32% revenue bump last year.
Mike shares about his 20+ year journey in the green industry, while giving his perspective on Brialar's ability to scale their growth.
On this episode you'll hear about how Brilar approaches selling, hiring, training, safety, and much more. You'll want to tune in.
On this episode, you’ll learn:
- Mike's path to becoming the COO of an LM Top 150 Landscaping Company
- How to go about hiring a sales team and hiring the right people for any job.
- Implementing new standards for the safety and training of your team members.
- How Brilar overcame the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understanding your target market.
- Tracking the proper metrics in your business.
What to listen for:
- [0:45] The top three things successful companies are doing.
- [4:51] Mike's path to becoming a COO in the green industry.
- [5:50] About Brilar.
- [8:12] Harnessing and hiring a sales team.
- [13:02] High standards for training your team.
- [23:10] How Briar pivoted and overcame COVID-19.
- [29:46] Approaching commercial landscape work.
- [35:00] Servicing your target market well.
- [38:35] What metrics to track.
Links to love👇👇
- Landscape Management Magazine video on Brilar's success.
- SingleOps on Facebook
- Sean Adams on Linkedin
- Green Industry Perspectives Home Page